Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)

The Remote Pilot Licence replaces the UAV Controller’s Certificate

Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) Certification is a certification required by CASA to obtain your Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). The RePL replaces the “UAV Controller’s Certificate” as of 29th September 2016.

Once you have completed the RPAS Certification you are a qualified pilot and can legally work for a compliant company. If you wish to start your own operating company, you will need to get and Operator’s Certificate (OC). the OC is explained further on the ‘Operator’s Certificate’ page.

UAVAIR offers the best path to obtaining your RPAS Certification and Remote Pilot Licence, by completing our ‘Professional Training’ course. This course is offered in conjunction with an AVI30316 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight) which is a nationally recognised qualification and will help distinguish you as an exceptionally trained pilot.

Are you wondering which qualification is right for your needs? Try out our drone calculator. We have created a licensing calculator to assist in discovering which of our qualifications is best for your specific needs.