CASA Certification

CASA Certification

CASA Certification means different things whether it is being applied to an individual or a company. An individual is certified by CASA (the Civil Aviation Safety Authority) if they hold a Remote Pilot Licence issued by CASA. This alone does not allow them to fly commercially.

To fly commercially, this individual needs to fly under a CASA Certified company. For a company to be CASA Certified, they need to hold a Remote Operator Certificate which is also issued by CASA. Once this individual holds a Remote Pilot Licence and works under a company that holds a Remote Operator’s Certificate, then they are legally allowed to fly commercially.

A Remote Pilot Licence can be obtained by completing our ‘Professional Training’ Course. If you wish to fly under your own business, you will need to obtain a RPA Operator Certificate (ReOC) directly from CASA. Find out more about how to gain an ReOC on our ‘Remote Operator Certificate’ page.

CASA Certification is essential to ensure that you are operating within the bounds of the law and are able to obtain full public liability insurance. Without appropriate approvals from CASA you are at risk of heavy fines.

UAVAIR are happy to walk you through the steps of full CASA accreditation in the ‘Professional Training’ course. We are able to help you get up and running as a fully accredited and legal UAV operator.

Even with these qualifications you must adhere to the RPAS standard flight operating conditions unless you are granted an exemption by CASA.

Are you wondering which qualification is right for your needs? Try out our drone calculator. We have created a licensing calculator to assist in discovering which of our qualifications is best for your specific needs. Alternatively, you can call one of our licensing experts on 1300 893 340, or email us at