In our Foundations of Aerial Mapping course you will learn to use the revolutionary product from PropellerAero – AeroPoints – ground control points (GCPs) with built in GPS to collect accurate positional data in conjunction with Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) photography. RPAS are used to conduct aerial surveying and in most cases GCPs are needed to relate the data to a coordinate reference framework. Establishment and marking of GCPs is usually carried out by a surveyor with survey grade GPS equipment. AeroPoints simplify this process by providing an all in one marking and measuring solution.
What will I learn?
UAVAIR will commence the course with basic aerial survey theory and applications of RPAS mapping. Students will learn how to plan and fly RPAS over a site to record imagery suitable for mapping, using AeroPoints to establish position and elevation. Project data will be processed on the Propeller cloud based platform and students will be taught to interpret and quality and data outputs. Finally, students will shown the analytic and reporting tools available inside the Propeller platform.
Who should do this course?
Surveyors, RPAS operators, engineers, scientists or anyone required to produce spatial information
Certificate of Attendance in Foundations of Aerial Surveying
Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle, Melbourne
Everything is provided
In Foundation of Aerial Mapping you will learn about:
- Fundamentals of Aerial Surveying
- Using Propeller AeroPoints
- Flying RPAS to collect mapping data
- Processing data through Propeller’s cloud-based system
- Interpreting data once georeferenced and remapped
- Explore the functionality of Propeller’s data analytics tools
- Effective use of PropellerAero’s system and integration with RPAS
Students are eligible to receive discounted PropellerAero products including software and hardware.
Our Foundations of Aerial Surveying course costs $995. Students who have completed our AVI30316 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight) will receive a $100 discount ($895).
Students are expected to be competent in UAV flight with a minimum of five hours logged, ideally having achieved RePL licensing, Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight) or have completed our Flight Foundations course.
Applications of Aerial Surveying
• Bulk earthworks volumes • Construction progress recording and stakeholder communication • Environmental monitoring
Mining and quarrying
• Stockpile volumes • Asset mapping • Rehabilitation monitoring
• Subdivision planning • Construction phase including bulk earthworks, stage completion recording • Sales plans imagery
• Flora and biomass studies • Fauna habitat, counting and spotting • Land and intertidal environments
• Crop scouting • Land planning • Agronomy data capture
PropellerAero provides a next generation solution to aerial surveying through their world’s first smart ground control points. This system includes software and hardware based products that empowers UAV operators to explore a powerful new market. PropellerAero is changing the way drone surveys and inspections are used and shared. PropellerAero was founded in Australia and is advancing the ways that geospatial data can be processed, visualised, measured and applied. Embraced by commercial drone operators and adopted by enterprise. The company’s products are used to manage and improve quarries, landfills, mines, construction sites and infrastructure around the world.