Remote Pilot License Training

Are you looking to become an Australian licensed drone pilot? We deliver Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) approved training in the form of two different options, our Remote Pilot License Training, or our AVI30316 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight) training course. Our Remote Pilot Training Course is 7 days of face-to-face training. Students will receive two CASA licensed outcomes, Remote Pilot License (sub 7kg multirotor) as well as their Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate. This course is non-accredited.

This course is perfect for those who want to start utilising drones in business. On this course you will receive expert tuition to make your uptake of drones as safe as possible. Our trainers not only have industry experience but they are all qualified instructors. You can view our instructor profiles here.

Course Overview

Course Length

2 weeks online study + 7 days face-to-face


Nil, beginners welcome

Flying Activity

Minimum 5 hours


Remote Pilots Licence – RePL (CASA) and Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (CASA)

Course Locations

Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, Gold Coast


Everything is included, including drones to train on during the course


The price of our Remote Pilot License Training Course is $2995. Discount is available for returning students.

Course details

Topics to be covered include:

• Over 5 hours instructed piloting of supplied RPAS
• Aviation knowledge for RPA
• Airspace, charts and aeronautical publications for RPA
• Basic meteorology for RPA operations
• Electrical and electronic systems for RPA
• Human performance for RPA
• RPA knowledge of operations and procedures
• Operation rules and air law for RPA
• Perform pre and post operation actions and procedures for RPA
• Energy management for RPA
• Manage crew, payload and bystanders for RPA operations
• Navigation and operations of RPA
• Non-technical skills for operation of RPA

Resources Provided: All courseware, handouts and use of our training drone fleet (no need to own a drone).

Students who successfully complete this training will receive two Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) licensed outcomes:

Remote Pilot License (RePL)
Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC)

As a graduate of UAVAIR, you are also entitled to 12 months membership with the Australian Association of Unmanned Systems (AAUS). This membership will provide you with discount offers with major service and hardware providers, conference discounts and access to networking opportunities.

Which course is right for me?

Are you unsure about which of our drone training courses is the right choice for you? We recommend doing your research and being clear on what you hope to get out of your training. Are you looking to become CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) licensed? Or do you wish to gain a formal qualification relating to the industry? We offer multiple options to suit those who are looking to fly recreationally, integrate drones into an existing business, start a drone business, or gain employment in the UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) sector.

We also have experts on hand that are happy to assist you with your decision making process and provide you with expert knowledge and advice. Feel free to call us on 1300 893 340 if you wish to discuss your options with a drone professional. Alternatively you can enrol via our online system (includes placing $200) holding fee.

UAVAIR's Course Suite:

Online Training

Face-to-Face Training

Practical Flight Mentoring

CASA Remote Pilot License

CASA Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate

Microdrone for students to keep

Government subsidies may be available





1 hour











1 day










7 days

5 hours minimum








2 weeks

7 days

5 hours minimum

Additional Courses





Selection Criteria

Operational flight crew are to satisfy General and Aviation English Language Proficiency (GELP) requirements as directed by aviation regulatory authorities.

Candidates should check with the CASA or Defence aviation for specific requirements. (Evidence may include: English language proficiency such as IELTS Level 6 or have worked in Australia for at least 3 years and have a statutory declaration from the employer)

• Completion of Year 10,11,12 or equivalent
• Must be over the age of 16 years
• Proof of ID – 100 points- Birth certificate/Passport, Driver’s License, Medicare card
• CASA-ARN-Aviation Reference Number