Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)

Remote Pilot Licence

The Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) is the RPAS certification required by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to become a qualified drone pilot and operate RPAS within the commercial environment.

Once you have completed the RPAS Certification you are a qualified pilot and can legally work for a compliant company. If you wish to start your own operating company, you will need to get and Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). The ReOC is explained further on the Remote Operator’s Certificate page.

UAVAIR offers the Remote Pilot Licence as part of our Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot, Visual Line of Sight) training course. In this course you will receive the Nationally recognised Certificate III qualification along with two CASA licenced outcomes, Remote Pilot Licence and Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate. Choosing this more in depth approach to training will help distinguish you as an exceptionally trained pilot and give you the skills to complete RPAS operations to a high standard.

Are you wondering which qualification is right for your needs? Try out our drone calculator. We have created a licensing calculator to assist in discovering which of our qualifications is best for your specific needs. Alternatively, you can call one of our licensing experts on 1300 893 340, or email us at