Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC)

Remote Operator Certificate

A Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC) is required by any business that wants to operate drones commercially. The process to obtain a Remote Operator Certificate requires you to submit your company procedure and policies to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) for review and approval. CASA provides a template that makes the generation of this document fairly straightforward. There is a fee that CASA requires to process your application. They will review your application and ensure it is valid and your company is compliant.

In order to be eligible to submit an application for an ReOC, you must firstly be licensed to fly yourself as an individual. This CASA licence is the Remote Pilot Licence. We at UAVAIR deliver this Remote Pilot Licence training in conjunction with our Nationally recognised Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot, Visual Line of Sight) qualification, which also gives graduates a 2nd CASA licenced outcome, Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate.

Once you have been approved by CASA and your company has obtained an ReoC, you are officially ‘licenced’ to fly drones. Australia drone licensing is controlled by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

Are you wondering which qualification is right for your needs? Try out our drone calculator. We have created a licensing calculator to assist in discovering which of our qualifications is best for your specific needs. Alternatively, you can call one of our licensing experts on 1300 893 340, or email us at