UAVAIR is Australia’s leading unmanned systems training company. We strive to graduate the best RPAS pilots possible. With this philosophy in mind, we invite any Australian student, studying Surveying to apply for a fully funded position in our CERT III Aviation – Remote Pilot (Visual Line of Sight). This qualification will allow you to operate sub 7kg RPAS commercially and provide you with all the skills you need to use this technology in the surveying industry.
With this scholarship worth $3995, you will have an additional skill to combine with your expertise in surveying to take advantage of RPAS in innovative ways.
- Currently enrolled and completing full time study in surveying
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Not already hold a UAV Controller’s certificate
This scholarship will enrol the successful applicant in UAVAIR’s Professional UAV Training course which is valued at $3995. The course teaches students all about
- Maintenance and repair of aircraft
- Pre and post flight checks
- Safety and communications
- CASA Air law / Rules and Regulations
- Maps, Charts & Airspace
- LiPo battery safety and management
- Securing data and images with Remote piloted aircraft
- Simulated missions
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate
The student will graduate with over 5 hours of flight time on a RPAS and have the opportunity to accompany professional pilots on a real job relating to surveying.
Applicants will be required to:
- Submit their resume including previous study and any relevant experience
- Submit a 300 answer to the following question —
How could current surveying methodology, that aren’t already, be improved using UAVs, and what would be the significant benefits of the adoption of this technology?
The successful applicant will be chosen based on reality and creativity of answer in combination with an interview.