Brett completed our Professional Training course (Certificate III in Aviation – Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight) which included his Remote Pilot License and Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate in the first half of 2017. Brett owns a permaculture farm in the Hunter region in NSW and is using his Phantom 4 RPA to gain some really interesting insights.
So without further ado, here is our interview with Brett from Limestone Permaculture.
Brett, can you please tell us a little bit about your business.
Limestone Permaculture Farm is a highly productive one acre demonstration property that offer various services for supporting & empowering those seeking self-sufficiency & self-reliance.
Our services include:
- Education via Permaculture Courses, Workshops & Farm tours
- Permaculture Consultancy
- Drone assisted Small Farm, Homestead & Garden Designs
- Project Management
- Rural aerial video & photography
- Fresh produce supply
Can you give us an example of a job your have completed using your training with us?
We are currently editing footage for an upcoming video showcasing an Organic & Biodynamic Farm located in the Gloucester / Barrington region (NSW) which relied upon our knowledge of Permaculture, Agriculture & Horticulture to achieve specific shots of the diversity within this property using our Phantom 4 Pro drone.
How has your training value added to your business?
The addition of our ‘Drone Service’ to our permaculture business, has greatly improved our ability to provide quality design & informative consultation. The aerial video component of our Drone Service is a bonus & a welcomed additional to our business income.
What was the most beneficial piece of knowledge you took from your training with us?
The crucial knowledge I took from my UAVAIR course was:
- Confidence in flying
- Understanding CASA rules & regulations
- Importance of safety prior, during and after flight.
Brett’s Limestone Farm offers practical examples of:
- Organic principled market gardening
- Farmgate fresh produce sales
- Animal husbandry & management of Poultry, Sheep & Goats
- European & Native Bee Keeping
- Intensive Orchard on swales
- Native Bush Foods
- Seed saving, propagation, composting & healthy soils
- Building with recycled materials
- Farm fresh nutritious cooking